Have you ever faced a situation when you are in the market but you do not know the standard garage door size? It can create a lot of confusion, especially if you do not have in-depth knowledge about the dimensions and other important aspects that decide the standard garage door size.
Before we dive deep, you should keep in mind that, unlike other doors, there is nothing like a one-size-fits-all for garage doors.
Here you might be wondering, "How can I purchase the standard size?". Basically, there are various standard sizes and you need to exactly and accurately understand the dimensions of the garage doors that you want to purchase.
Basically, single garage doors have different standard size ranges and double garage doors have different standard size ranges. Moreover, you can also go for customized garage doors that will help you to get the desired size.
|Hot Sale Size(ft')|
|9||7, 8||9x7, 9x8|
|10||7, 10||10x7, 10x10|
|Hot Sale Size(in")|
|108||84, 96||108x84, 108x96|
|120||84, 120||120x84, 120x120|
|Hot Sale Size(mm)|
|2736||2128, 2432||2736x2128, 2736x2432|
|3040||2128, 3040||3040x2128, 3040x3040|
Standard Sizes of Single Garage Doors
The "normal" measurements for a garage door on a typical residential home are 7 feet by 6 feet 6 inches or 7 feet by 7 feet; both independent builders and developers commonly utilize these measurements. Unfortunately, modern cars of typical size have trouble fitting through these-sized gaps, especially when opening doors.
You can be confident that only the appropriate manufacturer will be able to construct a door for you that will suit your new opening if you are thinking of creating a larger garage and would also want a larger garage door to go along with it. However, if you are remodeling an existing garage, keep in mind that precise structural work must be done first. Otherwise, larger garage doors won't fit properly. It's important to keep this in mind.
It is always advised to get in touch with the builder who can guide you about the standard size of garage doors. Moreover, you should also carefully measure your garage space and check out what size of the door will be appropriate.
Size of Double Garage Doors
The standard dimensions for a double garage door are either 14 feet wide by 7 feet high or 16 feet wide by 7 feet high. Because of this, there will be enough room inside the garage for two automobiles to be parked side by side. If you are building a garage from the ground up, you should keep in mind that you will need sufficient space around the vehicles in order to park them securely and open the garage doors without hitting anything in the immediate area. If you don't leave enough space around the vehicles, you won't be able to do either.
So if you have a large garage and you park vehicles over there, you need to carefully consider the size of the double garage door that fits best to your unique needs.
Can I Change the Size of My Garage Door?
First of all, you need to try to avoid all the confusion. For this purpose, you can easily go for the customized garage door. In this way, you will be able to adjust it in the garage according to the particular size of the door opening. However, if you have forgotten or have not considered the factor of customization there is another solution as well.
So another solution is to adjust the garage accordingly. It may not be an easy task and your builder will also notify you about the additional costs.
You need to take careful measurements of not only the length and breadth of your garage, but also the height, depth, and width again of the openings. You should rely on the knowledge of their fitter, who will also offer helpful guidance on the various accessible choices. They will lay out the options for you to consider. We advise you to put your trust in the fitter's expertise, as this is work that should only be attempted by someone with prior experience. Because the requirements that various garage doors must meet are not always the same, it is also crucial to pay careful consideration to all of these issues before placing an order.
The best door mechanisms, openings, and security features for your home or business will depend on a number of factors beyond just how the door looks. These include your daily routine and how you plan to use the garage.
Suggestions For You
Here are some suggestions for finding standard-size of garage doors:
● Check with local building codes: Building codes often specify the minimum size for a garage door. Check with your local building department to find out what size is required for your area.
● Measure existing garage doors: If you have an existing garage door, measure it to determine its size. Measure the width and height of the door opening, not including any trim or molding.
● Look at standard sizes: Many garage door manufacturers offer standard sizes for their doors. Look at the websites of major manufacturers such as Clopay, Amarr, and Wayne Dalton to see what sizes they offer.
● Consult with a professional: If you are unsure about the size of garage door you need, consult with a professional. A garage door installation company or contractor can help you determine the appropriate size for your needs.
● Consider your needs: The size of your garage door should be based on your needs. Consider what you will be stored in your garage and what type of vehicles you will be parking inside. A standard size for a single-car garage door is 8 feet wide by 7 feet high, while a standard size for a double-car garage door is 16 feet wide by 7 feet high.
● Check with your homeowners' association: If you live in a community with a homeowners' association, there may be rules and regulations regarding the size of garage doors. Check with your HOA to find out what size is allowed in your community.
By following these suggestions, you should be able to determine the standard size of garage doors and find the one that best fits your needs.